And the 2021 NARI Regional COTY Grand Award Winner is Superior Construction!
I have big news to share with you today! Superior Construction has been named the winner of both the Washington, NARI DC metro area and the Southeastern Regional COTY Grand Awards! The National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) gives out these awards each year to recognize excellence in the United States construction industry. Our project won in the category of residential landscape design/outdoor living over $250,000.
Not only are we an award winner, but we’re going to be featured in the upcoming issue of Home and Design magazine, so make sure to pick up a copy and see all our beautiful pictures.
A Backyard Oasis
We earned the award by turning a neglected backyard into an oasis. Our in-house staff performed the majority of the finishing work which included, but was not limited to:
- Custom fencing
The finishing work included a custom one-of-a-kind, clear cedar rail system, custom Timbertech decks and a number of detailed trim elements which integrated the new construction seamlessly with the existing style and design.
The new elements include but are not limited to:
- The excavation and installation of a new heated inground pool with sundeck, LED lighting, and filtration system. The inclusion of an auto fill line and hidden electronic pool cover provide for further customization.
- The custom pool house includes a heated stone floor, a working bathroom, heating and air conditioning, a flat-screen TV, custom cabinetry, a wine refrigerator, working prep sink, and ice maker.
- The installation of an outdoor TV and audio system allows the owner to watch his beloved Nationals from the comfort of the pool as well as entertain guests.
- We included a fully-equipped grilling station with a built-in Viking grill and undercounter beverage center to add functionality for the ultimate in outdoor entertaining.
- We installed a beautiful custom-made Tucci umbrella and white cedar Timbertech sun patio.
- The installation of a Rumford fireplace adjacent to the pool house with a herringbone firebrick patter and custom copper chimney cap.
- We installed carefully-placed specialty lighting to illuminate the entire space to include path lighting and decorative fixtures.
- A gas burning firepit was added to the main deck.
- A 400-gallon drywell was installed to alleviate the increased water volume with overflows and clean-outs.
- Custom landscaping was installed with landscape and accent lighting.
- The existing home was restored with the paint stripped from surfaces and all windows and trim repainted.
- Brick was added to the east wing façade to integrate the design and create flow and consistency.
- The design for the project was inspired by elements focused on a linear balance and integration of the existing home’s exterior elements for a seamless look.
Living in the Washington, DC metro area can be pretty hectic, so we were extra pleased to create a space where the clients can relax and entertain. The client is thrilled with the end result and the difference in their quality of life.
Get in Touch with Our Award-Winning Team
Superior Construction Services is a full-service general contractor specializing in residential custom builds, high-end remodeling, and new construction. I have a history of building projects that change children’s lives. These include the mobile art classroom for the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Washington, called the Artmobile. That project earned us a NARI Peter Johnson Award in 2012.
Get in touch with us today and check out our website to see more of our work. Our clients’ happiness is our first priority. We’re always happy to answer your questions and talk about how we can create your very own remodel or new build, so drop us a line any time.